Best presentation Awards SLE 2019
Best paper presentation by a postdoctoral researcher
- First prize. Anne Wolfsgruber and Iker Salaberri: Reflexive constructions and areal relationships: A typological-diachronic analysis of replica grammaticalization.
- Second prize. Guglielmo Inglese: The emergence of reflexive markers: the case of Hittite.
- Third prize. Sebastian Sauppe et al.: Partial overlap of syntactic configurations between sentences affects oscillatory activity during sentence planning in the brain.
Best paper presentation by a Phd student
- First prize. Theresa Matzinger et al.: Middle English Open Syllable Lengthening produced canonical word form shapes.
- Second prize. Alexandra Navarrete-González: The marking and interpretation of contrast in Catalan Sign Language (LSC).
- Third prize. Chiara Calderone: Aboutness topics and Referential Hierarchy in Italian Sign Language (LIS).
Best poster presentation
- First prize. Nikita Kuzin: Inalienable possession in Ṭuroyo: A corpus study
- Second prize. Charlotte Hemmings: Information Structure and Syntactic Choices in Northern Sarawak.
- Third prize. Victoria Kazakovskaya et al.: Expressing certainty and uncertainty in child and child-directed speech in three typologically different languages.